|Receive inspiration and information about faithful, joyful giving.|
Spirit of Generosity AwardThe Spirit of Generosity Award provides an annual prize of $450 to one student in each of 13 Christian secondary and post secondary schools, colleges and universities related to MFC’s participating conferences across Canada. A student from each school is chosen because of his or her generous nature and the way in which he or she has expressed their generosity.
All the schools of our Participating Conferences have enthusiastically agreed to make a Spirit of Generosity award to a student in their school. Many of the administrators have indicated that this unique award meshes exactly with what they are trying to teach their students to model in everyday life. The award has a unique aspect in that $225 goes to the chosen student without restriction and $225 is transferred to a charitable cause that the student chooses.
The MFC Spirit of Generosity Award seeks to:
* Foster a spirit of generosity in students
* Encourage students to find practical ways of demonstrating their own spirit of generosity
* Recognize and support students who embody a spirit of generosity
* Must demonstrate a personal spirit of generosity.
* Must have demonstrated his or her generous spirit in identifiable practical ways (using his or her time, skills and/or money to help other students, people in their community, fundraising, volunteering, etc).
* Must be a full-time student attending a Mennonite secondary or Mennonite post-secondary educational institution in Canada.
* This award should not be based on academic achievement.