|Receive inspiration and information about faithful, joyful giving.|
An MFCgifting account allows you to make a donation and distribute it to charity immediately or over a number of years. A charitable receipt is issued for the full amount in the year the gift is made. You may recommend distribution of the gift and accrued earnings to the registered Canadian charities of your choice.
- A gifting account provides flexibility and stability for you when you have a fluctuating income.
- If you have sold an investment or have received a large sum of money you may make a gift and receive a charitable receipt in the current year, but distribute the gift over a period of time.
- A gifting account may allow you to maximize the tax benefit of a gift by timing the charitable receipt with the potential tax situation.
- Your record keeping is simplified by reducing the number of receipts.
- Your distribution to charity may be made anonymously.
Pre-approval is required to establish a gifting account. Call your nearest MFC Consultant for more information.